Each AP teacher is required by the College Board to submit an “AP Audit Syllabus.” The College Board started doing this a few years ago to make sure that the courses being taught were truly of high-quality and planned in a way to prepare students for the exam. If you have done this in the past, your administrator just needs to renew and approve your authorized audit syllabus from last year, unless you are teaching a redesigned AP course.
The AP Course Audit
·A syllabus that details how your course meets or exceeds the College Board’s expectations (very specific to show alignment)
· A subject-specific “AP Course Audit” form specifies the curricular and resource requirements that must be met in order to receive authorization to use the “AP” designation for a course. A school administrator must approve and finalize this electronic form before a syllabus will be reviewed.
CEEB School Codes
Virtual Campus: 160003
NEW AP Teachers
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is to create an account online.
-Click here to visit the College Board's Audit site.
-Click on “Get Started; Create an Account”
-Be sure to save your username and password!
2. Check out the AP Course Audit support page for Teachers.
-Use the AP Audit guide get step-by-step instructions.
Click here for additional support.
-Scroll down and click on your course title for samples and supporting resources
3. Create a DMPS Audit syllabus. Please email Jessica Gogerty, Advanced Placement District Coordinator, to see if any DMPS samples are available to use as a guide.
4. Upload an electronic copy of your syllabus to the AP Course Audit web site. Sign in to your account and follow the step by step instructions.
College Board Support
There is also a helpline you can call from 8 to 8 Mondays through Fridays: 1-877-274-3570
Finally, you can visit the AP Course Audit Resources for Teachers page to access the Syllabus Development Guide and four Annotated Sample Syllabi as well as other AP Course Audit resources to support the creation and submission of your syllabus.
EXPERIENCED AP Teachers
Previously authorized courses can be renewed by a school administrator beginning in August of each academic year.
Teachers who change schools and wish to use their previously approved AP Course Audit syllabi can do so by selecting the “Transfer Approved Syllabus” option during syllabus submission in order to obtain course authorization at their new school.